CEFLI membership is available to all life insurance companies operating in the United States.
All personnel within the member life insurance company may access CEFLI membership benefits which are not limited to compliance and ethics staff. Many organizations leverage their CEFLI membership by encouraging their business partners to participate in CEFLI events and activities and utilize the resources found on the CEFLI website as a way to allow all company personnel to receive additional information concerning current compliance challenges.
CEFLI Membership provides your organization with several valuable benefits including:
The Clearinghouse is a technological platform that allows insurers to obtain certificates of Annuity Suitability Supervision (to meet the requirements of the NAIC’s Suitability Model Regulation) as well as New York Regulation 187 Certifications (which documents compliance with the supervision requirements of Regulation 187 for recommendations of sales transactions in the State of New York) from third party distribution organizations (TPDs).
- Discounted rates to CEFLI Member Companies.
- Brings together chief compliance officers, compliance staff, educators, and state and federal regulators to explore state-of-the-art practices in a broad range of life insurance industry compliance and ethics issues.
- Highly-rated programs with numerous opportunities to connect and network with other compliance and ethics professionals.
- CEFLI convenes various Networking Forums on specific subject matters identified by the membership.
- Subject matters of past Networking Forums have included suitability, advertising review, unclaimed property, and specific laws and regulations.
- Currently, CEFLI convenes an Advertising Review Networking Forum which meets quarterly. More information can be found here.
- CEFLI conducts a Chief Compliance Officer Forum (CCO Forum) once per year. More information can be found here.
- CEFLI’s Networking Forums provide an informal way for member companies to share insights on current compliance issues.
Educational Webinar Series:
- Unlimited access to CEFLI’s educational webinar series available on a live or on-demand basis to supplement your internal training program.
- Webinars take place roughly monthly and seek to provide company, industry, and regulatory perspectives.
- Webinars are held at the 12 PM CST/1 PM EST and that is strategic. We have found that companies utilize webinars as a lunch and learn where they gather together in a room, have lunch, and discuss the issues presented.
- Access educational webinars here.
- Complimentary registration to all CEFLI Member Companies.
- Typically, a one-day single-topic meeting providing an opportunity for candid, in-depth discussion.
- Includes regulator, insurer, and industry-expert perspectives.
- Click here for more information on Summit Meetings.
Compliance Fundamentals Training Conference:
- Complimentary Registration to CEFLI Member Companies.
- Provides essential training to newer compliance staff and allows seasoned professionals to revisit the fundamentals.
- Click here to access CFTC materials from previous years, and to learn more about upcoming Compliance Fundamentals Training Conferences.