AAA Life Insurance Company
Compliance Specialist III
Livonia, Michigan (Hybrid)
The AAA Life Compliance Specialist III provides support to the development and ongoing administration of a compliance process that will allow AAA Life to sell life, accident and health insurance products in all necessary states.
Note: Our company is currently a hybrid work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Compliance Specialist III is expected to function at an Advanced Level while performing the following Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Participates in and supports corporate strategic projects. Provides research, support and ongoing awareness of compliance issues that arise in project implementation.
- Prepares compliance reports for management. Assist in the preparation of Compliance reports for the Board of Directors.
- As required, researches and evaluates state and federal insurance laws to implement appropriate procedures for home office, clubs and agents to assure the Company and Clubs are in compliance in all states.
- Develops strategies and tools to improve compliance within Company.
- Coordinates company efforts to maintain best practices and stays abreast of Compliance and Ethics Forum for Life Insurers (CEFLI) recommendations. Establishes or recommends appropriate procedures for Compliance and other AAA Life departments, to ensure that such procedures support the principles and the ethics espoused by CEFLI
- Specific duties may include any of the following:
- Working with policy owners and various business units to assess compliance issues and determine appropriate solutions. Drafting compliance communications.
- Coordinating the resolution of customer complaints
- Reviewing marketing materials, policy forms, business communications and business processes for compliance
- Drafting or filing policy forms or advertising
- Creating compliance trainings, as needed
- Leading or assisting with projects or tasks to conserve business and increase persistency.
- May be required to work extended hours or weekends in order to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 5-8 years corporate insurance company in the Compliance, Internal Audit or Legal Department required.
- LOMA designations such as AIRC or FLMI preferred.
- Project management experience preferred
Click HERE to apply.
Are you ready to have a rewarding in-house legal career? Modern Woodmen of America is seeking dedicated candidates who will provide legal and business guidance to our organization. This position is located at Modern Woodmen’s home office in Rock Island, IL.
- Assist in managing legal risk by researching and providing advice and solutions on matters of insurance, corporate, employment, fraternal benefit, and/or property laws.
- Prepare, review, and interpret contracts and other legal documents related to a wide variety of matters.
- Participate in and supervise dispute resolution ranging from informal advice to operating departments to active litigation management.
- Represent the organization and manage outside counsel as necessary in legal proceedings.
- Provide advice on regulatory matters.
What we need:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school. Full, active license to practice law in Illinois, or must obtain within 1 year of hire.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with life insurance, corporate and employment law preferred; regulatory experience desirable.
- Strong analytical, drafting, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, meet deadlines, and manage multiple complex projects.
- Willingness to obtain industry certifications and expertise.
- Occasional domestic travel is required.
Apply HERE today!
Modern Woodmen is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain a culture of respect and are committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees.