Are you ready to have a rewarding in-house legal career? Modern Woodmen of America is seeking dedicated candidates who will provide legal and business guidance to our organization. This position is located at Modern Woodmen’s home office in Rock Island, IL.
- Assist in managing legal risk by researching and providing advice and solutions on matters of insurance, corporate, employment, fraternal benefit, and/or property laws.
- Prepare, review, and interpret contracts and other legal documents related to a wide variety of matters.
- Participate in and supervise dispute resolution ranging from informal advice to operating departments to active litigation management.
- Represent the organization and manage outside counsel as necessary in legal proceedings.
- Provide advice on regulatory matters.
What we need:
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school. Full, active license to practice law in Illinois, or must obtain within 1 year of hire.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience. Experience with life insurance, corporate and employment law preferred; regulatory experience desirable.
- Strong analytical, drafting, negotiating, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, meet deadlines, and manage multiple complex projects.
- Willingness to obtain industry certifications and expertise.
- Occasional domestic travel is required.
Apply HERE today!
Modern Woodmen is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to maintain a culture of respect and are committed to diversity and inclusion for all employees.
Senior Compliance Analyst
As a Senior Compliance Analyst, you will contribute the objectives of the Compliance team by tracking, reviewing and communicating pending and passed US federal regulations, agency guidelines or directives to impacted business areas to ensure ongoing product compliance.
You will regularly collaborate with internal business partners to draft, review and approve project requirements and design documents that pertain to or impact regulatory compliance and assist in setting priorities for regulatory issues that must be addressed by the business.
- Researches and responds to assigned compliance matters/issues (e.g. consumer complaints, SIU investigations, regulatory inquiries, etc.). This may include responding to regulatory bodies.
- Directs and approves internal and customer communications covering compliance issues (e.g. policies, training, bulletins, position statements, monthly reports, etc.).
- Review, analyze, define, and/or document business and functional requirements to address regulatory and compliance requirements in support of business projects and to assist the organization in mitigating risks.
- Monitors product material, policies, procedures and services on an ongoing basis to ensure on-going compliance. Monitors and communicates regulatory changes that impact products and services to internal and external customers.
- Conducts compliance assessments and provides direction on any deficiencies resulting from scheduled product reviews. Monitors product material, policies, procedures and services on an ongoing basis to ensure on going compliance.
- Participates in development of training courses promoting compliance awareness
- Provides updates for internal and external compliance reports
- Monitors and ensures due dates are met for compliance assigned tasks on projects. Review, evaluate and make recommendations as necessary during business project meetings and/or procedural enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work experience.
- Three (3) or more years relevant experience in compliance or related/relevant industry experience.
- FINRA registrations (e.g., S6, S26, S7, S53, S24 and S65) may be necessary for certain products/business lines. Extensive knowledge and understanding of life insurance, annuity products, securities and/or investment advisory products depending on business line.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced competency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Proven ability to manage high volumes under tight deadlines while maintaining accuracy and minimizing risk to the company.
- Project, business & functional requirement knowledge (i.e., drafting business and functional requirements, planning, documentation, analysis implementation and alignment to standards)
- Understanding of project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Proven ability to prioritize assignments and maintain and/or exceed established processing timeframes.
- Consistently works with business leaders and compliance team with reliable results under minimal supervision. Consistently demonstrates an ability to work across other lines of business and/or departments for Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Takes responsibility for errors and applies new knowledge to next situation.
Click HERE to apply!!